The ToonSeum and PIX is proud to present an opportunity for area cartoonists to show their comics work to Fantagraphics co-founder and publisher Gary Groth. Mr. Groth is the leading publisher of independent and creator-owned comics.
HOW IT WORKS
Five Pittsburgh cartoonists have been invited to have their comics work reviewed by Mr. Groth.
Five more cartoonists will be selected for reviews from a pool of online submissions.
CRITERIA AND RULES FOR SUBMITTING WORK TO THE GARY GROTH PORTFOLIO REVIEW
1. To submit your work for consideration please send three (just 3) samples of finished comic
works or comic works in progress.
2. Very Important: Any person submitting work for review must be able to be present at the ToonSeum
on Friday, March 21st between 3 and 5 pm.
3. All works submitted for consideration must be original comic or cartoon works created by the submitter (or as a main part of a writer/artist team)
4. All works must be sent in, by email, by 5:00pm Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
5. All works should be submitted in low-res PDF form
6. Submit your work by deadline (item 4) to: email@example.com
Please note: The ToonSeum is not responsible if any unseen event prevents Mr. Groth from honoring this commitment.
The ToonSeum and it's affiliates have final approval on the artists selected for this review.